We have removed some outdated and low played maps: Nostalgia, Vampire, Gods Garden, Ride of Valkyries, Moon Glaive, Outlier; leaving space for six new maps:
Cross Game 1.04
Neo Overwatch 2.0
Toad Stone 1.3
We have updated to a better version three maps too:
Wind and Cloud 2.2
Neo Jade 2.1 (hotfix making the minerals in the mains more balanced)
Neo Medusa 2.2
If you find any bug in these maps, please report here Map Pack BUGS
- Loosely based on the SC2 map Daybreak
- Doodad Overlord Spot — The naturals have an Overlord spot made of doodads mimicking the effect of a high ground cliff (due to the lack of available high ground terrain on Ash world tileset)
- Cliffable corner expansions: There are low ground cliffs for drops behind the corner expansions.
- Vision blockers: The row of bushes, next to the mineral only expansion, blocks vision for ground units, similar to SC2.
Mist was introduced in the 9th SonicTV Starleague.
- Easy harassment of the mineral lines of all expansions, including the naturals, similar to previous Earthattack maps such as Outsider or El Niño/Great Barrier Reef. Not only the terrain right behind the natural is not buildable, but it can be accessed through a back door, contrary to most maps where it is simply a cliff or another non walkable terrain.
- The bridge in the centre of the map is entirely made up of vision blocking tiles, limiting the vision range of any ground units on the bridge to the bare minimum.
- The geyser of the expansion counterclockwise from each player can be attacked from ranged units in the opponent's main whereas it is much easier to access by ground from the other player, which makes it very hard for any player to ever get control over that expansion.
- tight rush path — the direct rushing and scouting path bewteen both players is constricted by bridges and a tight gap in the centre of the map, giving players tactical opportunity to intercept an incoming enemy and forcing bigger armies to take wider alternative routes around the map
- high ground pods — There are two big high ground pods along the main path from the natural to the centre of the map, which are important for players to control to gain a tactical advantage in engaging the third gas expansion
- curved ridges — the centre of the map is dominated by two curved ridges that offer positional advantage to the player gaining position on them in an engagement.
A two player cross spawn map created by CardinalAllin.
- The central hills are buildable.
- The 3 and 9 o clock bases can be walled with 2 pylons.
Four player cardinal spawn map created by Freakling.
- Low ground Main and High ground Nat.
- The corner bases can be walled with 3 pylons.
- The min only can be walled with 4 pylons.
Four player axial symmetry map created by CardinalAllin
- Each ramp into the 3rd can be walled with 2 pylons
- The natural choke is 6 tiles but can be made wider by killing the neutral eggs.
- The area outside the natural is buildable, the central ridges are unbuildable.
Big Thanks to iCCup.Card (CardinalAllin) for the help and the time invested to create the new pack.