MAP PACK version 38.0
— better version of 3 maps:
Cross Game 1.05
— replaced the ancient map The Lost Temple with Heartbeat
Heartbeat, also known as Feel my Love is a four player melee map, combining a standard four player macro map layout with in-base, but vulnerable, island expansions. It is used in the Jade Addvert Tour.
- Rampless mains — the main bases do not have ramps, making them slightly more vulnerable against early game aggression. Like on Bloody Ridge, the chokes are easily walled off, though.
- Tank ramps — next to each main entrance, overlooking the natural choke, is a small cliff that ranged units, in particularSiege Tanks, can be placed on to help defend the base entrance.
- Wide, open middle — offers easy flanking possibilities against opposing armies.
- Island expansions — An island expansion is located between each main base and the map's centre area. These islands are high ground, but still very vulnerable to attacks from the low ground, similar to the island expansions on (2) Alternative. Theminerals are placed at the cliff in such a way that any ground unit, including Dragoons, Hydralisks and Marines with their respective range upgrades, can reach the mining workers, provided they are provided with high ground vision, thus denying mining from those bases if they are not properly defended. The mineral fields are slightly reduced to initial 1250 minerals per patch and the vespene geyser only yields 2000 gas. To stop Terran players from easily floating up a Command Centerto take an island, each of them is blocked by one depleted mineral patch that needs to be mined out first before placing down a town hall is possible.
- Reduced third gas geysers — the geysers of the «neutral» third gas bases around the 3/6/9/12 o'clock positions are also reduced to 3000 gas each.