Thx for feedback!

We will review this issue as soon as possible and will try to report you back about our progress!

Regards, iCCup tech crew.

New season just started. Get a PRO Account.

• 06 Nov 2018 @ 15:21 CET
  • 07 Apr 2017
#1 Posted: 27 Oct 2018 @ 12:14 CET quote

New iccup dota is most retarded thing i ever played, delete this shame and leave normal classic dota alone, this is bullshit.Better to play against slark and bara than this shit.

Old comment
StarCraft & Dota EU Head Admin
  • 04 Dec 2018 @ 16:38 CET
  • 03 Dec 2012
#2 Posted: 28 Oct 2018 @ 20:43 CET quote

Hello Spectral.

We always value your feedback, so if it was more constructive - our map team would learn and take a point from your perspective, otherwise - it is just pointless to open a thread and hate on the map.

Most of the players are satisfied with the map. So - once again - if you don't like certain things - at least list them in order to give us some value by your post, not just spreading words.

Best Regards,

s0Ldi3R

Edited by iCCup.s0Ldi3R (28 Oct 2018 @ 20:44 CET)
Old comment
  • 03 Dec 2018 @ 02:05 CET
  • 23 Sep 2011
#3 Posted: 02 Nov 2018 @ 18:12 CET quote

iCCup.s0Ldi3R :
Hello Spectral.

We always value your feedback, so if it was more constructive - our map team would learn and take a point from your perspective, otherwise - it is just pointless to open a thread and hate on the map.

Most of the players are satisfied with the map. So - once again - if you don't like certain things - at least list them in order to give us some value by your post, not just spreading words.

Best Regards,

s0Ldi3R

Wood lay-outs are horrible and functionless, to many travel points. Old map had chokepoints to account for and new map is horribly balanced sent vs scourge woods.

Also why in the world would you use a screenshot for the map that has a typo in it. At least let somebody proofread it before releasing it.

Surce? What is a surce, i know what a source is but not a surce.

It comes over as very amateuristic.

As a final note, the new map try's to imitate DotA2, that's not why people play on iccup, they can download DotA2 for that and play for free.

People play dota on iccup because they enjoy DotA1.

The only thing that happened to my dota experience on iccup is that i lost my EU server and i am now restricted to playing on only two host's with stable connection.

I played the new map two times, hero balance felt like DotA2 and map layout is horrible strategic wise, so i dropped it and never looked back.

Peace,

-Itheryel-

edit: also the new camera angle for the map feels horibly out of place and you cant even modify it to be like the regular map.(scroll function doesn't allow to modify it more downwards)

Why even do this? The old map already allowed people to modify the angle of the camera to what it is now set to, The only thing the "map-team" achieved with this is to remove options and functionality from the players, which is a big "no" in any designer field.

Edited by itheryel (02 Nov 2018 @ 18:15 CET)
Old comment
  • 06 Nov 2018 @ 15:21 CET
  • 07 Apr 2017
#4 Posted: 06 Nov 2018 @ 15:21 CET quote

I agree with itheryel for everything he write 100%,he explane everything.Thank you!

Old comment
Project Manager
  • yesterday @ 17:55 CET
  • 03 Jun 2007
#5 Posted: 06 Nov 2018 @ 19:07 CET quote

Hey,

Landscape changes might be unusual for some, i understand.

Type? Sure, that's a minor issue that going to be corrected.

But the rest of it, cmon, give it a chance. We are committed to the true DotA 1 spirit, we have no desire to go after Dota 2, and that's not what we are doing here.

It is a modern version of the classic DotA. You can alt+click on abilities and items to show cooldown and do you have enough mana or not. There are TONS good things. Mechanics that has been broken for years now work properly.

If you can look past the landscape you might actually like it. Now you have a comeback chance for one.

And if you are totally against it, thats fine too, just use any "old" bots listed here iccup.com

We are planning to keep legacy DotA as long as people willing to play on it.

Old comment

Care

Contributed to the great cause

• 03 Dec 2018 @ 02:05 CET
  • 23 Sep 2011
#6 Posted: 06 Nov 2018 @ 20:09 CET quote

Thanks for the response.

Landscape changes are not "unusual". Don't mistake my response for simple dislike.

Old landscape had "stategical importance" in that all entrances used the following split pattern

1-2-2

1 entrance, double split, another double split on both ends.

New map has no accountability for strategical importance or sentinel vs scourge balance.(i assume the creators simply didn't realise this or are low level dota players)

It's like somebody got a puzzle of the dota map and simply threw it into the air and let things fall wherever.

disregarding the balance evolution of the map for roughly 10 years and going now to make something "new".

As far as mechanics that have been broken for years, list me some examples because i don't know of any mechanics that are broken in the old map.

I would also be very curious as to why exactly the camera angle had to be changed in the new map, since it offers exactly no functionality and hinders visibility.

Peace,

-Itheryel-

Old comment
Project Manager
  • yesterday @ 17:55 CET
  • 03 Jun 2007
#7 Posted: 07 Nov 2018 @ 20:48 CET quote

Landscape has been heavily tested by the top players (B+, A+, etc) after the first few games we had only positive feedback. From strategic point of view included. Updated map have more variety, open for more possibilities for skilled players to shine.

Most complaints that we are getting are coming back to the cosmetics, and the Minimap changes.

Camera angle has not been touched at all. If there is an issue, please give some screenshots, im interested to see what is going on there.

And the mechanics, we had to spend more then a year just fixing what was broken at IceFrog's version. Just to name a few, try play Huskar with Helm of the Dominator and fire arrows on or use a Manta style on a Dragon Knight while ultimate is active... and dont event get me started on ORBs.

Just take a look on the changelog iccup.com

Current version is more stable and balanced than ever.

Anyway, we are open to suggestions, let's make it work for everybody.

Old comment

Care

Contributed to the great cause

• yesterday @ 23:41 CET
  • 23 Dec 2009
#8 Posted: 07 Nov 2018 @ 21:28 CET quote

Low skilled players white about new map facepalm.png

Old comment

Noble

Actively supports iCCup

• 09 Dec 2018 @ 15:56 CET
  • 18 Apr 2018
  • Banned till: 12.12.2018 16:14
    Причина
    https://iccup.com/community/thread/1380688/page299.html#post9837360 5.1 Оскорбление пользователя
#9 Posted: 08 Nov 2018 @ 00:59 CET quote

itheryel :
Thanks for the response.

Landscape changes are not "unusual". Don't mistake my response for simple dislike.

Old landscape had "stategical importance" in that all entrances used the following split pattern

1-2-2

1 entrance, double split, another double split on both ends.

New map has no accountability for strategical importance or sentinel vs scourge balance.(i assume the creators simply didn't realise this or are low level dota players)

It's like somebody got a puzzle of the dota map and simply threw it into the air and let things fall wherever.

disregarding the balance evolution of the map for roughly 10 years and going now to make something "new".

As far as mechanics that have been broken for years, list me some examples because i don't know of any mechanics that are broken in the old map.

I would also be very curious as to why exactly the camera angle had to be changed in the new map, since it offers exactly no functionality and hinders visibility.

Peace,

-Itheryel-

Damn, absolutely you are right, the landscape is occupied by an unknown developer. He was rising up to B - rank maximum - BOEBATB. During a year, all the normal people in russian speaking forum tell to return to the original landscape. But he persistently continues to do his shit, like maniac. Telling: "you all noobs, icefrog noob, i better know"...He's crazy. In the event of the impossibility of continuing to play iccup in the necessary quality, fortunately, for the residents of Europe there are alternative platforms with a good 6.88x3 map. You can google it.

Edited by _7777777 (08 Nov 2018 @ 01:01 CET)
Old comment
  • 13 Dec 2018 @ 16:59 CET
  • 03 Feb 2011
#10 Posted: 08 Nov 2018 @ 02:32 CET quote

Poke my eyes.

There are not only the issues itheryel described, but also tons of lags.

Haven't you seen the drakolich's online statistics?

87% of 6.83 players are tied by force to only 50% of servers whereas 13% of players use the remaining 50%?

Correct me if I wrong, but who cares about 6.85 advancement if the platform owners show the decreasing loyalty to the main audience by simply ignoring the demand for stable 6.83?

Edited by TPAHCBECTuT (08 Nov 2018 @ 02:32 CET)
Old comment
  • yesterday @ 23:47 CET
  • 14 Jun 2018
#11 Posted: 08 Nov 2018 @ 18:04 CET quote

Guys, you`re right, fully right! I also see that russian speaking community reviews are ignored or neglected to "fuck you, you don`t understand, because you`re newbs". I don`t think that policy of ignoring players suggestions (for example, to return landscape, or not to do new shitty changes in it, or the best of it - not to ignore majority of players, caught by lags in 3 hostbots and preserved there violently, ignoring the fact that majority is the most important part(or if it is not, then the minority will play theirs 3.5 games by themselves and the server will ... ba dum tsss.. go shutdown, yeah)). Don`t you see that majority of players doesn`t take changes negatively, they only want to see normal, patch compliant landscape (and new items are ok, yeah), and no self-esteeming by doing "improvements" to economics (why we have so much gold in new map? It is generating as hell, you know.).

Do not ignore players! Keep in your mind the fact that your players are your resources, and their trust is resource much more worthy. And yours "map improvements" do decrease the trust to your very fast. You want to wait until the players will leave because of your "new shiny map", which developers ignore almost all players (excluding themselves, if you can name them so, IF you know what i mean).

That`s all, folks!

Old comment
  • 27 Nov 2018 @ 18:53 CET
  • 22 Jun 2018
#12 Posted: 08 Nov 2018 @ 19:55 CET quote

ICCup.YelloAnt :
Landscape has been heavily tested by the top players (B+, A+, etc) after the first few games we had only positive feedback.

h4YUt9c.png

Old comment
  • 13 Dec 2018 @ 16:59 CET
  • 03 Feb 2011
#13 Posted: 08 Nov 2018 @ 20:05 CET quote

A-a-a-and we are back. So yet no response.

buried my head into the sand poliicy

Edited by TPAHCBECTuT (08 Nov 2018 @ 20:08 CET)
Old comment
  • user online
  • 12 Jul 2016
#14 Posted: 08 Nov 2018 @ 22:12 CET quote

как тут жарко...

Old comment
Member of Honor
  • today @ 03:02 CET
  • 19 Oct 2009
#15 Posted: 09 Nov 2018 @ 18:28 CET quote

Good evening everyone,

First of all, thank you moders for creating something new with huge improvements. I believe it was a hard and demanding task to do, but from what I can see - you've made an outstanding job. A ton of effort, work and avoided obstacles. It simply must be a subject of appreciation.

On the other hand I struggle to understand stated facts regarding new version but I'm pretty much unsuccessful with it. Changes have been called for by a lot of players. And finally we have a map with new items (items which are basically a source of new strategies and tactics). Slightly noticed map change, environmental surroundings etc. You guys are mentioning tactics? Every bloody game so far, we have seen same and same item builds, picks, ward placement spots and so on. Creativity = 0, tactics = 0, in general, at least for me, it was so boring that I would play the worst possible game ever created - pubg. Personally I don't see any fun in repeated item builds and repeated picks. It is like waking up every morning and doing absolutely the same thing over and over again. Boring and pointless.

Give it a chance, play it. If you don't prefer it - play older version.

Every platform has plans for sustainability, so does iCCup - I assume. In other words, that would be continuous improvement. And of course, feedback from players is very much important and appreciated as Ant stated. But please, try to do it in an orderly manner. This is someone's work for crying out loud. It is still Dota 1 not Dota 2. Dota 2 is a ruined game and completely unattractive.

I'm wondering, what will you guys do when Reforged comes out? Will it also be a subject for critics (e.g. this is dota 2 graphics?). I think not :) But again, it is a part of (B)lizzard's sustainability. For example, why are you playing cod black ops 4 or cs:go? Why not cod4 and cs 1.6? Eventually older games have their end.

Point is - new improvements - new tactics - new and improved player skill - a lot of fun.

As for the other platforms which _7777777 is calling for - yeah right. Trust me I've checked them mostly all but somehow I've "forgotten" my login details. Here on the other hand, I'm exactly 9 years and still kickin'. Why? Because there is always something new, new challenges, new players and personally, from my experience there is nothing more to wish for.

Again, gather your suggestions as Ant stated, provide them and discuss about the same because quality is everyone's responsibility. And always stay true to yourself, yet always be open to learn.

Best Regards,

iCCup.Fire-_-

Old comment
Do you want to take part in forum discussions? Join us!, or Login.