Thx for feedback!

We will review this issue as soon as possible and will try to report you back about our progress!

Regards, iCCup tech crew.

n-a
  • Visited: {date||0|0}
#16 Posted: 26 Oct 2009 @ 22:51 CET  

It won't be big until you fix latency.

•   
  •  
n-a
#17 Posted: 26 Oct 2009 @ 23:18 CET  

Hm, im not happy with the beta-system... the point system is nice, but the game-system is so easy to abuse...cause you can play always with your friends and pwn the enemies --> mass points ftw... there should be a programm that reads the points of the players and shuffle them to fair teams...

•   
  •  
n-a
#18 Posted: 27 Oct 2009 @ 08:06 CET  

That would be stupid. Why would you be not allowed to play with your friends lol...

The main thing is fix the latency problem for everyone outside of Russia and the certain parts of Europe who don't have a 4 second delay.

Garena has 100k+ people on at any given time...minimum - all on for dota. If ICC wants to take them all away from Garena they need to get the latency problem situated asap because once garena's dota ladder seasons starts a lot of people will stay on Garena out of habit.

If you can get your shit together fast, this will be the main site for DotA Ladder and competitive DotA in general for things such as clanwars and clanleagues. But the main thing is to take advantage of the fact that Garena's ladder is down.

•   
  •  
n-a
#19 Posted: 27 Oct 2009 @ 09:04 CET  

Mr.Keks :
Hm, im not happy with the beta-system... the point system is nice, but the game-system is so easy to abuse...cause you can play always with your friends and pwn the enemies --> mass points ftw... there should be a programm that reads the points of the players and shuffle them to fair teams...

There is a similar system right now.You might have seen that when you lose to a team with higher rating you lose less points and via versa .

•   
  •  
n-a
#20 Posted: 27 Oct 2009 @ 09:19 CET  

Well, there could be some auto-balance feature included in the bot options so the host can decide if the match needs some auto-balance or not.

And i'm sure players look at the ratings of his team and they often leave if they see he is stuck with low skilled players cause he is not sure if he can win the game or not just because its not balanced enough.

Hosts tend to keep the best players to his side while the other team gets stuck with average ones.

So yeah, I'm up for some auto-balance feature triggered by the host so the bot can shuffle players into the two teams in such a way that they will be balanced based on skill points.

•   
  •  
n-a
#21 Posted: 27 Oct 2009 @ 09:35 CET  

guys lower grade doesn't mean they are noob....

higher grade doesnt mean they're gonna be surely pro

although the probability are kinda high....

you must bear in mind with this....

i played hon/dota...and met tons people with this kind of attitude...

because my level are lower than theirs a few level and they think that im noob...

end up most of them losing to me...

so as...everyone is once a noob....why cant you guys just give a chance to others and teach??if they're really....

•   
  •  
n-a
#22 Posted: 27 Oct 2009 @ 10:50 CET  

PS. I'd like to see some Recently new posts and Unread posts as links in the dota section, would be easier to see who and what posted since i last came to the forum and so on. :D

•   
  •  
  • Visited: 23 Sep 2016 @ 15:22 CET
#23 Posted: 30 Oct 2009 @ 02:33 CET  

So the mym's continue to team up and pwn. This is an issue. Potential for a really nice team system here (like WoW 5v5 arena) but maybe wouldn't be big enough for that so you have to make it an individual league and so random-balance the teams.

WoW style 5v5 system would be amazing though. If both could be implemented (ie team join and individual join) you would win over the whole DotA community and possibly have big future potentials.

Good job though getting this going.

•   
  •  
n-a
#24 Posted: 07 Nov 2009 @ 22:34 CET  

coLsquirtle :
1. Balance, since everyone has a rating balance the teams out to be as even as possible (with a few exceptions of course, this is done in every good dota league to TRY to ensure balance)

Right now the top players are just possibly friends with each other who just play together, doesn't really show whos better.

2. AH make sure everyone runs AH

3. Advertisement, dota requires 5v5, not 1v1, you should advertise to help the player base grow ensuring more games.

4. Ability to vote !remakes, if someone drops within 10 minutes or two people leave, require 6/10 to vote !rm or if two people leave, they shouldn't get leavered.

5. Rules to help balance the league, such as limit items, back dooring rules, ect.

Alot more but i'm quite tired.

Hostbots from Scandinavia/Mid Europe should be added. Or if there was somekind of way to choose a bot from a certain region.

•   
  •  
n-a
#25 Posted: 13 Nov 2009 @ 10:02 CET  

- The game mode should be debated.

I think AP is by far the worst game mode (of the normal ones). I random all games, and I see lots of other people doing that too. Therefore I believe we should get another gamemode. Preferably SD, but I guess AR or even CM would work. I think this should be decided by a poll where everyone should vote for their favorite gamemode.

- Game mode should involve SP (lShuffle Players).

Right now hosts abuse swapping teammates so that all the good players gather in Sentinel. This can be easily counteracted by implementing SP.

At the same time the players with the highest ranks are the ones that play together with a team. It's impossible to compete at a high level without a arranged team. Teams should get their own ladder. Then they could play together on that ladder instead of destroying the game for the rest of us. I will elaborate.

- Own ladder for teams.

As mentioned above I believe teams should have their own ladder. There is no skill in gathering up 5 people on Skype/Teamspeak/Ventrilo and buttraping everyone playing solo. We would need to implement a search-tool seeing that teams would have a hard time finding an opponent. Maybe set up a 'waiting list' where you would enter your team into this list as 'Waiting for game' and if you wanted to play against them you could just get in touch with the other team inside this 'tool'. Seeing everyone can host, using the bot, I think this would work quite well when it get's up and going.

- Punishments.

When a player leaves the game he destroys the game for 9 other people. Therefore leavers should be punished. I understand they get some points deducted, but who the fuck cares? They should be banned for leaves with the possibility for unbans if you provide a valid disconnected screenshot. It could even be automatic. If someone leaves he can't get into the system for a timeperiod (everywhere between a couple of days too a week maybe?). If he get's disconnected and the system knows that (I see that when someone disconnects it doesn't say 'left the game voluntarily', but ''timed out' or something like that) he should get 1 point added to a 'disconnect-counter' or something. 3 disconnects and you get a full punishment seeing that you are still destroying peoples games, and need to fix your connection/computer. Getting kicked for being AFK should involve full punishment. I also believe extreme harassment/racism/nazism and such should be rewarded with a ban if someone provides the admins with a screenshot/record of the violation.

- 'Free to leave'.

If there are leavers early in the game (before a given timestamp) it should be free too leave. When this happens the game should not be counted in any way. If someone leaves after the given timestamp, I think the team which decide to leave should get deducted points, but not get a 'leave' added to their record. The winning team get's full points.

To get this to work requires some effort, so it may be to complicated to get working since you need the game to end and give/deduct points when all players on one team has left (all players on that team must leave). This way you don't have to push the throne/tree to get your points.

- You cannot use the bot too host without AH.

Let's make it a bit harder for those hackers, eh? AH should be mandatory when hosting with the bot.

•   
  •  
n-a
#26 Posted: 13 Nov 2009 @ 21:53 CET  

iCCup.x64

i will add command for balancing players, but it will be up to host player to use it or not

GrandMaPwnZ

Game mode should involve SP (lShuffle Players)

The problem with Shuffle is that u might want to play with one friend and u dont want him to be in the other team. I still prefer not allow the game to start if the difference of points is big enough (easy percentage calculation). This way u dont need to implement a specific ladder for teams, I really think its the perfect solution.

•   
  •  
n-a
#27 Posted: 13 Nov 2009 @ 23:43 CET  

N3wbie :

The problem with Shuffle is that u might want to play with one friend and u dont want him to be in the other team. I still prefer not allow the game to start if the difference of points is big enough (easy percentage calculation). This way u dont need to implement a specific ladder for teams, I really think its the perfect solution.

- Own ladder for teams.

As mentioned above I believe teams should have their own ladder. There is no skill in gathering up 5 people on Skype/Teamspeak/Ventrilo and buttraping everyone playing solo. We would need to implement a search-tool seeing that teams would have a hard time finding an opponent. Maybe set up a 'waiting list' where you would enter your team into this list as 'Waiting for game' and if you wanted to play against them you could just get in touch with the other team inside this 'tool'. Seeing everyone can host, using the bot, I think this would work quite well when it get's up and going.

•   
  •  
  • Visited: 18 May 2010 @ 02:25 CET
#28 Posted: 24 Nov 2009 @ 21:18 CET  

are there so lots disc when playing on russian servers?

Ladder for teams will be realised with 1 season. it is being curently developed.

BTW if anyone have suggestions post plz i topic. i'll create and then infrom admins.

•   
  •  
  • Visited: 17 Apr 2017 @ 13:14 CET
#29 Posted: 24 Nov 2009 @ 23:31 CET  

more girls

•   
  •  
  • Visited: 18 May 2010 @ 02:25 CET
#30 Posted: 25 Nov 2009 @ 17:06 CET  

the better way is to speak english)))... I think surely all high skilled players ( 7-8k +) can properly speak english, at least in terms of dota gaming you'll undestand them and so will they.

Anyway I'll speak with YelloAnt about this.

•   
  •  
Do you want to take part in forum discussions? Join us!, or Login.