Thx for feedback!

We will review this issue as soon as possible and will try to report you back about our progress!

Regards, iCCup tech crew.

• Visited: 29 Sep 2017 @ 22:51 CET
  • Banned till: 06 Oct 2017 @ 21:18 CET
#1 Posted: 26 Sep 2017 @ 19:03 CET  

This will be general feedback around iccup and how things are handled in general.

Team Balance game mode

This requires a rework, the persons allowed to join should only be 1500 points above and below the host's points.

Only in A rank and upwards this should be removed.

What i consistently see nowadays is people abusing the "TB" mode with fake accounts on 900 points joining 4k+ games where the host has the highest points. Forcing them together with +3 good players when the enemy team gets on average weaker players.

And when the match is not in their favor, they just use the fake account to leave and remake or to pick "AB" hero's in the draft since it doesn't mater at all for that account.

This system is flawed and needs to be changed if iccup is suppose to provide respectable "TB" formats.

I see people with like 80% winrate and it means absolutely nothing because the system is allowed to be abused from all angles without ICCUP as a "game provider" doing nothing to correct or control it.

Reporting people and racism/discrimination

Let me be perfectly clear and upfront about this, ICCUP discriminates against EU based players.

When a russian person reports a player, it get's handled within a day maybe three days tops.

When a EU player reports a player, it simply DOES NOT get handled. My main account has like 25 tickets last season which where closed because "the season has ended".

Some of those tickets where reported on week 1 of the new ladder. Just to give you a little example of the racism/discrimination "ICCUP" as a game provider actively does.

Just to be clear : Those tickets where open for over 3 months without a single admin taking action based on them or reviewing.

And then when you go on the forums you get the response "just be patient", i think 3 months is a lot of patience and borderline insulting and ridiculous.

Especially when you get reported yourself by somebody and it is handled within one day.

International CCUP

I bolted the important part, International.

Now my issue with this, ignoring my previous rant on the racism and active discrimination.

How is it that an EU member that get's reported is handled only by a russian admin?

Why is there no EU + RU admin involved in reports where both factions are involved?

I get this "inbox" mail filled with russian gibberish, which i need google translate to translate some tiny bits off to sort of make sense what it is i am being "accused" of.

Just think about this for a second. Let's imagine your put on trial in Belgium, where i am from. And we say yes your free to defend yourself, here are the charges.

And i begin listing all the charges in Dutch, my native language and then say "ok now defend yourself thanks gg no re wp"

To be clear, i say "russian giberisch" not to be offensive, but because to me as a person it is gibberisch and i speak four languages apart from my native one. Similarly my native language would be gibberisch to a lot of you.

How is it acceptable that an "international" gaming community's reports are solely handled by russian people when EU people are involved.

How is it acceptable that they don't have a basic understanding of english, or alternatively somebody who has that basic understanding is involved in the process.

Bans

Banning people, and closing off their account is a laughable action at best. You close of those people's only way to defend themselves or to make a counter argument or justification for their actions.

My main account got banned for 3 weeks, the first time in 11 years of ICCUP playing this ever happened.

And i was absolutely amazed that i could no longer utilize the forums to communicate with the admin that initiated the ban.

What makes it worse is that i did nothing wrong in the game that got me the ban.

---+--- Short summary of events of ban ---+---
Basically i ignored a T1 defense, which got me a 3 week ban.Which is laughable, but that asside, i played mid SF and my score was 22 kills/7 deaths/ 13 assist.

Simply put i dominated the game. I bought chicken, upgraded it, i warded and teleported to team for assist and help etc.

One player in our team who played ogre, afk farmed woods for 30 minutes (arkane/lothars/dagon 5=

uselles) and basically forced entire team to fight many 4vs5 team-battles. Ignoring all fights etc.

Entire team was demoralized because of this ogre player and 3/5 typed FF, including me.

When enemy pushed, i attempted to solo counter push enemy lane and ogre reported me for ignoring that base defense.

So in short, best player in the game, playing for the win and playing legit dota, get's reported by an ass-hole afk farmer that ignores all 5vs5 dota fights, fully demoralizing the team and giving enemy team the win AND I GET BANNED.

And yeah i am pissed about that ban, it is beyond stupid and ridiculous. Even more so because i can't petition against it since the accounts get's fully locked on the forums as-well.

The admin that handled that report needs to get his brain checked. Seriously, no excuses on the amount of fail.

I am sure that replay is saved somewhere since it got uploaded to report me right? Go give it a watch if an admin is reading this and enjoy a 35 minutes wood ogre afk farmer ignoring game reporting a 22/7 mid sf giving team free-win if we had normal 5vs5 dota.

In short, a ban should lock the account from the iccup servers to play, not from the active forums because that's beyond stupid.

My actions in the spoiler, pushing solo bottom while team defended base, was the best possible action i could take to try and win for my team(excluding the ogre player) and resulted in a ban. That in itself and not being able to defend that action is dumb at best.

Feel free to respond if you feel like it, just posting this so maybe somebody who cares about ICCUP reads this and becomes aware of how flawed this system currently is on different aspects.

Peace,

-Itheryel-

edit : before i get any "you should have told/helped the ogre player", i did tell him four times in english to start playing team, i pinged him like 15x while he was afk farming in woods(if he doesn't understand english). And other members of the team told him in russian.

So basically, total asshole got rewarded for his play-style and game ruin and one of the people actually playing 5vs5 dota got banned for 3 weeks.

It's not surprising with actions like this that the only "normal" dota is found at A rank and A+ at the moment on iccup, when i remember like six years ago "normal" dota could be found at C+ ranks already, where team-play was central to the enjoyment.

edit2: is there any feedback forum section where i could post this so it might be seen by relevant members of the ICCUP team?

•   
  •  
Edited by CarryItheryel (26 Sep 2017 @ 19:47 CET)
  • Visited: 30 Sep 2017 @ 19:24 CET
#2 Posted: 26 Sep 2017 @ 20:45 CET  

Oh,man. I feel u. And i totally agree with u.....

And still, at A rank some players are so abusive/agresive,because they have pro account l,bonus and armor.... , though he got more pts, i have better wr. Still, They think they know better/ play better. And they swear a lot. And its hard to report them,because of weak EU players support.

•   
  •  
  • Visited: 20 Oct 2017 @ 19:52 CET
#3 Posted: 28 Sep 2017 @ 18:37 CET  

That problem has been in here for so long.

Finally someone stepped up to say whats going on...

EU section is being a bit slower nowdays but hopefully they will wake up :)

•   
  •  

Noble

Actively supports iCCup

• Visited: 21 Oct 2017 @ 18:05 CET
#4 Posted: 29 Sep 2017 @ 21:53 CET  

And that account got banned for "ignoring t1 defense" as-well.

First pick sf, play 10/4/8 sf on mid lane, have four teammates all picking hard carry after sf first pick and leoric that stands afk behind barracks when enemy pushes reports me for ignoring t1 defense.

I was pushing top tower of enemy team and teleported back right after it got destroyed, since we had no team whatsoever and the gold helped out.

Iccup admins are legit.

Banning the person that's playing normal 5vs5 dota and helping the losers that ruin the game keep their points.

Thanks for ban Iccup.mill1nium keep up the shit.

Peace,

-Itheryel-

•   
  •  
  • Visited: yesterday @ 20:05 CET
#5 Posted: 08 Oct 2017 @ 08:23 CET  

ItheryelDps :

They couldn't punish you by ignoring t1 defense (if ur not mistaken with the number of tower) mb it was t3.

ItheryelDps :
I was pushing top tower of enemy team and teleported back right after it got destroyed, since we had no team whatsoever and the gold helped out.

If u have destroyed enemy's tower (from t3) while they were destroying yours t3/t4/any building in base, afaik admin also will not be able to punish you. Btw u can appeal if u don't agree with their decision.

Posted in 08:18:27

monstercat :
ItheryelDps :

They couldn't punish you by ignoring t1 defense (if ur not mistaken with the number of tower) mb it was t3.

ItheryelDps :

If u have destroyed enemy's tower (from t3) while they were destroying yours t3/t4/any building in base, afaik admin also won't be able to punish you. Btw u can appeal if u don't agree with their decision.

Posted in 08:19:33

ItheryelDps :

ItheryelDps :

If u have destroyed enemy's tower (from t3) while they were destroying yours t3/t4/any building in base, afaik admin also won't be able to punish you. Btw u can appeal if u don't agree with their decision.

Posted in 08:23:29

omg something was going wrong with editing. i hope you'll understand what i told u

•   
  •  
Edited by monstercat (08 Oct 2017 @ 08:17 CET)
  • Visited: 10 Oct 2017 @ 14:06 CET
  • Banned till: 07 Jan 2018 @ 22:29 CET
#6 Posted: 08 Oct 2017 @ 21:35 CET  

i understand what your saying, i call t3 outer towers and t1 primary defense.(base towers).

Appealing doesn't help, since the admin in question can't even talk in english. They just ignore and ban the normal players while helping the game ruiners out.

I pushed top t1 tower (outer tower) to get gold to finish an item and give team some extra cash then teleported, made the item and defend the base. But team ignored 5 tower defenses so far, so really it doesn't mater, there was no dota, no teamplay.

Just QQ and report sf midder after going carry picks after sf first pick, low bobs. And i was only one with somewhat normal score with 4 feeders in team. Still i got banned and they get to enjoy some more fabulous iccup dota.

Really iccup dota goes to shit because of admins and actions like this. There is no benefit to playing normal dota at this point.

Only in A rank i expect somewhat normal picks and dota in the current iccup ladders.

In low ranks it's just abusers left and right that cant play dota at all and think they are good. Join rdtb game with AB rules, go pick abuse hero and win game and laugh at enemy team and call them noobs.

It's retarded at the moment.

We should be able to report AB pickers in RDTB and have their accounts locked, let them enjoy ap games but leave the fun team games alone.

Peace,

-Itheryel-

•   
  •  
#7 Posted: 10 Oct 2017 @ 00:08 CET  

And banned again for hooking a loser to enemy's that afk farmed all game ignoring 3x base defense and 9 team fights.

Entire team FF because of this dude and he report me and i get banned for 90 days.

Lovely iccup team.

This is beyond stupid.

•   
  •  
#8 Posted: 10 Oct 2017 @ 05:52 CET  

You should familiarize yourself with these rules. They're outdated in terms of punishment but anyway u must know them bc even if the game is already lost , rules are still working.

•   
  •  
Edited by monstercat (10 Oct 2017 @ 05:53 CET)
#9 Posted: 10 Oct 2017 @ 08:08 CET  

How should i familiarize myself with these rules. I've been playing on iccup for like 28 seasons now.

The guy that reported me

-afk farmed top lane 30 minutes + with mirana (no chicken, no wards, failed 95% arrows, didn't denie vs enemy leoric, made 0 kills on him, didn't use ultimate once to support team)

- ignored 9 teamfights (4x5 because of him and like i mentioned no mirana ulty either)

- ignored base defense 3x

Me on pudge

- ganked mid 5x early game giving 4/0 to mid sf player (didn't take kills on purpose)

- ganked bottom lane that was losing resulting in 3 kills and us winning the lane

- warded and bought chicken

- had all team members except mirana thank me for game and effort

End result for my play : my account locked for 90 days, he still playing.

Even enemy's on scourge where laughing with mirana and agreeing with us and the guy just laughed in chat at everybody continuing to ruin game.

And this is exactly how the current system fails. He get's away unpunished and thinking he did a good job, ruining more games in the future and i get locked for attempting to play a good game with everybody.

So let me ask you, why is his account not locked for 2 years for ignoring base defense and teamfights after joining a 5x5 dota game?

Ignoring base defense is reportable right. To bad my account is locked so i cant report him for it, right?

I hooked him in enemy's when we had 2 barracks left and game was done 2 minutes later, because he was laughing in chat with everybody in team who where trying to play dota.

He was being a troll and a cunt.

So tell me, it's fair my account is locked for that meaningless hook that didn't impact the game one bit, but his account is free to play after losing the game for everybody, laughing with us trying to team-play, ignoring base defense and teamfights etc?

It's bullshit. And you know it, no excuses for this poor system helping out the troll's and abusers and punishing the people trying to actually play DotA.

•   
  •  
#10 Posted: 10 Oct 2017 @ 09:04 CET  

“ Intentional game ruining things.

Includes any kind of unfair influence on the game's result or player statistics”

This is what youve done an no one will check 60 min of the game.

“So tell me, it's fair my account is locked for that meaningless hook that didn't impact the game one bit”

Bc this disicions depends on admin. If his gaming exp is poor he’ll write to u such a desicion or another

•   
  •  
#11 Posted: 10 Oct 2017 @ 12:10 CET  

The game ended 2 minutes after i hooked him.

Your talking nonsense, it literally did nothing to change the out-come of the game.

What he did, ignore base defense and ignore all teamfights did however change the out-come of the game.

Also, literally.

I did not hook him in a fight that changed the out-come of the game, we had 2 barracks left and lost everything, team typed -ff 30 minutes ago because of this mirana player, only he did not.

Game ended 2 minutes later when they destroyed those barracks and got mega and finished.

So tell me, how can i report this mirana player now that i am banned and that account is locked?

Because if i ruined "his" game experience and "intentionally ruined the game" then he did so three-fold for every player on his team.

My entire team congratulated me on that hook and laughed. Because all four of us knew he deserved it for wasting 9 people's game and time.

Don't waste your time defending that admin or that mirana player. He was a cunt and a troll, the end.

And that admin is the same, locking my account and not his, while he ignored base defense and entire game. Hell that admin can't even talk english and is active on an international forum dealing with a report involving an EU member of the community.

Just like my initial post says, pure discrimination against EU players since i can't even defend myself.

-> account locked(so can't report mirana)

-> admin in charge doesn't understand anything i tell him

-> international gaming community (look up international in a dictionary)

Sorry but your post pisses me off, since your going purely by the "well you hooked him" ignoring the fact i had to play with that dude for 50 minutes while we all typed -ff at min 15 when he refused to play.

And he laughed in our faces when we talked to him about it.

I don't care if they lock my account, but then lock his account for 2 years. At least then there is fairness according to the iccup rules.

-> If a pudge fail hook deserves 90 days lock

-> then ignoring base defense 3x should deserve 270 days lock right?(ignoring his afk farming/never using ulty for team and ignoring all teamfights for 50+ minutes, just bot playing vs creeps making fun of team)

Posted in 12:10:39

Seriously Monstercast tell me how i can report this mirana player that reported me, now that my account is locked and banned for 90 days.

He ignored base defense 3x.

That's a re-portable offense right? Since you love your rules so much.

How do i do this with a locked account, enlighten me man.

You seem to think the rules and how things are currently are good and fine, so tell me.

How do i report this player that broke the iccup rules and decided to get me banned before i can report him if i wanted to.

I will love to hear it.

Because if i am locked and banned, then he deserves the same treatment only worse.

Lmao i wish i could send you the replay then you could see what i mean because your nonchalant posting pisses me of when i think about it.

We had four good players all trying to win and five good enemy's and one dick laughing with us and ruining game and your excusing that person and faulting me for doing something that had no impact on the games outcome whatsoever. While everything he did caused us to lose the game and demoralize entire team forcing everybody to ff at min 15 without hope for win and then continue to laugh with us and keep us in the game for 55 minutes just to lose at the end like we all knew was going to happen.

Really stop with your "rules" attitude because if you wanna use the "rules" thing, then it also applies to him. And i don't see him being punished for all the rules he broke in that game.

•   
  •  
#12 Posted: 10 Oct 2017 @ 13:19 CET  

"Your talking nonsense, it literally did nothing to change the out-come of the game."

I'm just saying how admins answer in such cases.

"So tell me, how can i report this mirana player now that i am banned and that account is locked?"

You have received a letter on your acc's mailbox. Check admin's nick who sent it and go here from another acc CAA. Write ur banned acc there, copy ticket's link then tell them that ur disagree with admin's desicion and describe the situation.

"Because if i ruined "his" game experience and "intentionally ruined the game" then he did so three-fold for every player on his team."

You didnt understand me. I told abt admin who made such a dicision bc of his (admin's) poor game exp, not ur tm.

"Don't waste your time defending that admin or that mirana player. He was a cunt and a troll, the end."

I dont defend them. I have a disagreements with the administrator too, right now, if it makes you feel better.

"I don't care if they lock my account, but then lock his account for 2 years. At least then there is fairness according to the iccup rules."

Seriously Monstercast tell me how i can report this mirana player that reported me, now that my account is locked and banned for 90 days."

Just told in appeal about all this and they'll review your ticket. How to do this, see above.

"Lmao i wish i could send you the replay then you could see what i mean because your nonchalant posting pisses me of when i think about it.

Really stop with your "rules" attitude because if you wanna use the "rules" thing, then it also applies to him. And i don't see him being punished for all the rules he broke in that game."

I didn't mean to anger you. If u are sure that he should be punished, punish him by writing the same report on what he had violated.

•   
  •  
Edited by monstercat (10 Oct 2017 @ 13:19 CET)
#13 Posted: 10 Oct 2017 @ 14:04 CET  

No cheers, i understand your position better now.

Anyway i contacted iccup soldier who helped me in the past and is the head admin of the EU section, so i will just wait and see if he gets in touch with me. I'll just play on some allt accounts until then.

I already send a message to the admin that locked me, he doesn't understand english. I tried google translating it to russian but then i just get a "what do you mean" in russian back.

So yeah can't do anything there, it's really flawed that reports regarding EU players don't get handled by an admin that is fluent in english.

•   
  •  
  • Visited: 22 Oct 2017 @ 09:51 CET
#14 Posted: 11 Oct 2017 @ 08:04 CET  

Tough luck, I've splitpushed/ignored base defense when it was the only viable move quite a lot but never got banned for it, I might have had points subtracted once...

The thing is the current EU admins are basically inactive and there's not much reason to recruit new ones since there's so few players left on this side.

These days you're basically forced to buy pro acc/bonus/armor if you can't win tours to be able to get to the proper ranks fast and avoid the garbage. The administration are probably content with this as it means $ for them.

Last time I was active I wanted to gather all the remaining decent foreign players in a clan so we could play more in-house type games but alas it didn't happen before i had to stop playing again. I'll give it another attempt when I find some time to play again perhaps.

W3stside nice winrate! Were you playing on Yeikon previously?

•   
  •  
Edited by DivineRapier (11 Oct 2017 @ 08:44 CET)
#15 Posted: 11 Oct 2017 @ 17:16 CET  

it's still painfull to see though.

Guy reports me on RU side and it get's handled within 3 hours.

I report a guy in first week of new season and get a message when season ends "ticket closed season ended".

So basically they have "get out of jail" free-cards and we have nothing to defend ourselves with.

That mirana broke entire game and like two major ladder rules and nothing will be done about it, in the end i hooked him out of frustration and as a laugh for everybody involved for which i got a lot of praise mind you :) and my main acc is locked.

Twas a good hook though, dagger and instant pull him back in his mirana leap. Memorable at least. A worthy punishment for a troll intentionally ruining game in my opinion, but hiy that's just my opinion.

I'm not a fan of the armor and pro account features effecting the points and rankings, i think it reflects poorly in the higher ladders on player skill. Similar to how you see A rank players not worth anything due to abusing the TB system and teamplay vs pub strategies.

Might as well buy points at that stage if your just going to force wins by giving yourself poor enemy's.

Doesn't appeal to me at all since i'm usually looking for good dota and good dota involves a challenge.

It's what i tell abuse players all the time "yeah i could pick meepo every game and have 100% winrate, but whats the fun in that?". But they seem to be of a different mindset entirely not interested in good

game-play or fun dota.

•   
  •  
Do you want to take part in forum discussions? Join us!, or Login.